About San Francisco, California
Known to be one of the most fascinating American cities, San Francisco has been frequently chosen as the best city in the country. It is acclaimed for its accommodating environment, spectacular setting and interesting history and culture. As a sophisticated, trendsetter and free city, it has become a regular place to many tourists. Locals are from diverse cultures and a mixture of communities around the world, as reflected by Japanese and Chinese towns and temples, and a variety of Italian restaurants. Aside from the world famous Golden Gate, it boasts its fantastic hills where first-class vistas and urban development arise.
- It is situated between the mountains of Sierra Nevada and the Pacific Ocean, with desert lands on the southern and northern parts.
- The bay of San Francisco is the largest one in the coast of California.
- Vacation in San Francisco keeps visitors going up and down the hills, which others would describe as a roller-coaster fun ride in the hilly avenues.
- The weather throughout the year is mild to cool and rains are common during winter. Fogs are also a common scene.
- With its variety of features, including shopping centers, prisons, parks, architecture, arts, history, and foods, people from around the world can experience a great deal in this amazing city.
- The San Francisco bay, standing between the Bay Bridge and the Golden Gate, contains 14 tiny islands where the world-recognized Alcatraz prison is found.
Macy’s, Saks, Tiffany’s and Neiman Marcus are just some of the big names shoppers can find in San Francisco’s downtown spending center–Union Square. This is within the central business district of the city where Armani, Chanel, Calvin Klein and Burberry can also be found. There are as well several bookshops and galleries which make shoppers and guests to explore more. Though there are no certain indoor malls that can be found within the city, shoppers go to the diverse shopping districts. Those who are on the hunt for discounted items are offered with good deals at many stores like Marshall’s found at Market Street.
Entertainment and Nightlife
The city’s nightlife beats with imaginative appeal. With thousands of places to get a drink and have fun, locals and tourists would never get bored. Most of the bars, nightclubs restaurants, and different social establishments in the city are licensed. Anything goes from gay clubs, entertainment centers, disco houses, and the like. However, first-time visitors must check certain establishment guidelines including opening hours, dress codes and cover charges. Castro, South Market, and Downtown are some of the must-go places for an amazing nightlife.
Best Hotel Accommodations
Travelers are offered with diverse hotels and places to stay in San Francisco, as this city often plays hosts to a variety of social and business events nationally and even worldwide. Victorian-themed hotels like the Queen Anne Hotel and Petite Auberge are perfect for a romantic vacation. Budget-conscious individuals can check in at Super 8 Fisherman’s Wharf or Edwardian San Francisco where they are offered with cheap but comfortable rooms. Eco-friendly hotel such as Orchard Garden and Orchard Hotel can also be found in the city for eco-conscious individuals